Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Story of my love.

There is someone who loves me, but he lives in a far away land.
I, too, have pledged to love him, until death do us part.
Due to the circumtances surrounding his life at the moment, he says he is unable to prove just how much he loves me.
But I tell him that I don't need proof. Love's either there or not at all.
He has proven, time after time, of his commitment, during these six wonderful and passionate years of our relationship.
Don't get me wrong. He is a single man, not in any other liason or married to another woman.
He's such a simple and kind soul that no one has been able to take his place.
Not in reality, not even in dreams or fantasy.
He is beautiful and kind.
The most gentle soul I have ever met !
And unique.
I remember asking him one day, why does he not keep a photograph of me in his wallet.
"Why should I keep a photograph in my wallet of someone I have already kept in my heart"
That response swept me off my feet, like a whirlwind!
We are great companions when we are in each other's presence.
The intensity of our togetherness, though far and few in between, has kept the flame alive and burning.
That is why I let myself suffer the pain of our long distance love affair.
In this suffering, love does not fade but grows.
A long time ago, a fortune teller told me that I would be 'painfully separated' by distance from the one I love.
It did not seem plausible then but now I know our relationship is written in the stars.
That it is quite impossible for us to have chosen any other route.
Although I miss him terribly and most of the time, painfully, I sometimes appreciate his physical absence.
I have been able to get so many things done without being 'distracted' by a needy lover. Thank God, he is not one of those.
And I have been able to enjoy my independence, the way no other woman with a lover, could.
Friends ask me how do I endure such a distressing situation.
How do I trust him? Is he not fucking someone else?
I could only say that trust is the most important element in any relationship.
Trust is greater than love.
Without trust, love means nothing!
I tend to think that people perceive other relationships based on their own personal experiences.
They have blinkered views and jaded thoughts on the concept of love based on how it has hurt them or made them happy.
So I will forgive those who have no faith in long distant love affairs.
Most, if not all people need bodily warmth and sex daily to reaffirm their love or their participation in love.
They say that by only being daily together one can be assured of love.
Others are sillier in that they say that one needs to be married or have children to see love grow.
Then why do married couple break up or are unfaithful to one another?
To us, marriage is but a certificate, and kids, we do not plan to have.
My love has transcended what is physical and mundane.
My love is spiritual, magical, ethereal, and all that is godly.

No comments: